Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette - Review

I was lucky enough to get my makeup-obsessed hands on the new Urban Decay Naked Heat palette this week and thought what better post to write than a little first impressions? Keep reading to hear my thoughts on what is set to be the palette of the summer...


I'll start off with the basics; the name and the packaging. I LOVE the name, partly because the fire emoji is one of my most overused, but also because it sounds sexy. Before even seeing the shades, I knew I was going to love the look of this just from the name and I am very happy they did not go with "Naked Scorched" as originally thought when the trademarks came to light last year.  The packaging is similar to the previous palettes in the Naked series; rectangular shape with 12 shadows, a little space for a brush and a full mirror in the lid.  It has a magnetic close which I am a tad worried about as I have trust issues with magnetic closing beauty products, but I may pop a hair tie around it just in case! The lid is embossed with gold lettering and as a generation who are often obsessed with the packaging as much as they are the product, UD are on to a winner with this design.


Naked Heat is Urban Decay’s contribution to the terracotta trend that has taken over most beauty lover’s makeup bags and Instagrams.  The palette features 7 mattes and 5 shimmers, and for those interested, below is how UD describe each shade...

Ounce (ivory shimmer)
Chaser (light nude matte)
Sauced (soft terra-cotta matte)
Low Blow (brown matte)
Lumbre (copper shimmer w/gold pearl shift)
He Devil (burnt red matte)
Dirty Talk (metallic burnt red)
Scorched (metallic deep red w/gold micro-shimmer)
Cayenne (deep terra-cotta matte)
En Fuego (burgundy matte)
Ashes (deep reddish-brown matte)
Ember (deep metallic copper-burgundy)


When initially swatching the palette for the above photo, my arm had zero moisturiser or primer on, and I found the two darkest matte shades (En Fuego and Ashes) to be very very dry.  I think I even gasped (maybe a touch over-dramatic) at the quality of both swatches. I do feel that dark mattes are a tough one and a lot of beauty brands, both drugstore and high end, rarely get it right.  However, when trying the palette on my eyes with a primer and using the brush included with the palette, I loved the pigmentation of all the shades.  The mattes, even the darker ones, felt really creamy and blended beautifully.  I tend to use my MAC Fix+ on my brush before using most shimmers, however even without the Fix+ the shimmers still looked absolutely gorgeous and the colour payoff was just what I’d hoped for.  I know that a common struggle with UD shadows is fall out, but to tell you the truth I was very impressed when I experienced next to no fall out with the Naked Heat palette.  UD have definitely outdone themselves with the formula across all of the shadows.

This palette will be so versatile between the seasons, going from those summer feel good vibes with my tanned skin to those cosy autumnal looks when I am paler. I've always been a fan of cooler tones on my eyes, but since my hair is back at its natural mid-brown shade, I have been experimenting with more warm tones and I am loving them. 

Low Blow-to Cayenne - my FAVOURITE shades 
I've read some reviews that argue you will need another palette or separate shadows to complete a look with the Naked Heat palette, however I don't agree.  There are the perfect mix of base, transition, crease and lid shades, and I already know I will be packing this on any trips away this summer. 

Compared to the previous Naked palettes, this one is not as universally appealing in terms of colour, and as gorgeous as it is, I have to be honest and say that I don’t think it will suit everyone.  However, if you are loving the warm tones trend and are looking to treat yourself to a new palette, I would 10/10 say to pop this on your wishlist.

Have you tried the new Urban Decay Naked Heat palette? What were your first thoughts? 

I am hoping to do a makeup looks post around this palette, so keep an eye out for that coming up over the next few weeks!

I would love if you followed me on any of the below!

Thank you so much for stopping by,

Nai xoxo

P.S. my Brit babes who are enjoying this ever-so-pleasant, hotter-than-ever, heatwave with me, remember to stay hydrated and use SPF if you are out and about! xo 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Your swatches look insane, I think this is the best palette that UD have released! Such a shame the dark shades are a bit dry! You're totally right theres a good mix of transition, crease and lid colours.. I've managed to resist buying this palette because Tarte are releasing one like this later on in the year and I love the formulation of Tarte eyeshadows more

    Ronnie
    www.veronicabizzarri.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is their best one yet! I had no idea about the Tarte palette, I love their products so will keep an eye out! xoxo

      Delete
  2. This eyeshadow palette looks beautiful and I definitely need to get it now after seeing your swatches :)
    - www.roisinslatest.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED this palette in my life!!!

    Have a lovely day!

    xx Kris
    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This palette looks amazing! I love the shimmer colours too. Perfect for summer :) Great post lovely!

    Jessica
    www.jessicagrimshaw.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Oh Six Eleven. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig